The Troubled Families programme in St Helens has been re-branded and is now known as Families First St Helens.
What is the Families First St Helens Programme about?
Family life can be a challenge for any parent; but when you’re faced with many problems at once, it can be hard to know where to turn. The Families First Programme is an exciting new programme, funded by government and local organisations, to work with St Helens families to:
• Improve school attendance and behaviour
• Reduce crime and anti-social behaviour
• Help adults and young people get into work or training
• Improve family life, making sure children are safe and well
• Prevent domestic violence
• Promote good health
• Reduce the harm caused by drugs and alcohol
Who is the Programme for?
It is for families where two or more of these things are happening:
• Adults are on out-of-work benefits and finding it hard to get work
• Children are not attending school regularly or have been excluded repeatedly
• Families are getting into trouble with the police because of their behaviour
• Children are vulnerable and need help
• Families are affected by domestic violence
• Parents or children have problems with mental health or drugs/alcohol
How does it work?
Families will get support to help everyone in the family overcome difficulties and make positive changes. They will work with you to solve problems and make sure you get the right help, from the right people, at the right time. The Programme can help support you in a number of ways, ranging from advice and guidance to intensive family support in your home. Other professionals you may already know will always be involved, working with you to achieve the goals you set for yourself and your family.
For more information and how to refer families / be referred to the programme, please see the attached documents below.