Calling all young writers, here is your chance to celebrate the 150th birthday of St. Helens in 2018. It will also give you the chance to see your name in print and win a great prize as well.
The Friends of Victoria Park (FOVP) is launching a competition to write a story about ‘St. Helens My Home Town’ in no more than 1,000 words.
The competition is divided into to age groups five to 11 and 11 to 16 and the winner in each section will receive a first prize of £25 of book vouchers, a copy of a poetry book written by Sue Gerrard, the Writer and Poet in Residence at Victoria Park and publication on the FOVP website.
The top 20 entrants in each category will receive a special certificate.
The winners will be presented with their prizes at the Christmas Night Celebrations on Friday 8th December,2017 at the Orangery, Victoria Park
RULES OF ENTRY:
– Each entry should be no more than 1,000 words.
– Only one entrant per person.
– The entrant should live or attend school within the Borough of St. Helens
– Handwritten entries are accepted but must be legible.
– Each entrant should have the permission of their parent/guardian to enter
– The winners must be able to attend the Prize Giving Ceremony
– Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other gifts.
– Copyright remains with the author although the FOVP reserve the right to use the winning stories in competition publicity
– No correspondence will be entered into. The judges’ decision is final.
– No names or contact details must appear on the entry but on the official entry form
– Relatives of the FOVP St Helens are not eligible to enter.
– Entries cannot be returned so PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR ONLY COPY.
– All entries must be received by Friday 22 September 2017.
– SEND YOUR ENRTIES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org