First Ark is looking for people and businesses across the Region who deserve recognition for their contribution to the community at the 11th annual Merseyside Impact Awards.
The First Ark Impact Awards are taking place on the 3rd November at The Venue in Huyton and provide an opportunity to recognise those individuals and organisations who have gone the extra mile and made a positive difference within Merseyside.
Last year’s event saw over 200 people come together to celebrate the achievements of the unsung heroes who do so much to improve the lives of others.
Nominations for this year’s event close on the 18th September and the categories include inspirational person of the year, apprentice of the year and social organisation of the year. There are also awards for entrepreneur and business partnership of the year.
The full list of categories and judging criteria is listed below:
- Resident of the year – A resident that contributes and encourages community cohesion, positivity and support
- Volunteer of the year – Someone who has voluntarily given up their time to make a difference within the community
- Social Enterprise Champion – An individual or a business that combines commercial activities with a social value
- Community group of the year – A group that makes a real difference and benefits their local community
- Social organisation of the year – A business that goes the extra mile for a community or neighbourhood and encourages strong collaborative partnerships and through which generates social value and impact
- Community project of the year – A recent project that really stands out and that has made a difference within your community perhaps reducing isolation or enhancing integration
- Entrepreneur of the year – a motivational business leader who has demonstrated real drive and entrepreneurship
- Apprentice of the year – An apprentice who has shown true determination, enthusiasm and proactivity and has become an asset to your team
- Inspirational person of the year – Someone who deserves very special recognition for all they have achieved and contributed as well as being a true asset, inspiration and role model within Merseyside
Speaking ahead of the awards, Bob Taylor, chief executive of First Ark, said: “These awards are a great opportunity for us to celebrate the people and organisations who go the extra mile for their community. We’ve got a few new award categories in recognition of the growing number of people and businesses we’re working with from across Merseyside.”
If you know someone who deserves to be recognised for their community work please visit www.firstark.com/awards
If you are interested in sponsoring or attending the event, please contact Helen Goodwin at First Ark either by email Helen.Goodwin@FirstArk.com or telephone 0151 290 7489.