What is the focus of the fund: The Fund aims to support people aged 60+ and can consider community projects that focus on supporting health and wellbeing, tackle social isolation or help people to learn a new skill/develop an interest.
How much is available: Grants of up to £5,000
Who can apply: Registered charities, community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, social enterprises
Which areas are covered: Merseyside wide (including Halton)
Any special notes: Priority for this fund is to support smaller grassroots organisations. The majority of beneficiaries must be aged over 60. Priority will be given to delivery of regular weekly activities.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
- Mental health awareness, advice and information
- Support groups and help-line/counselling services
- Healthy eating and cooking courses
- Sports, dance, fitness projects
- Friendship/buddy schemes
- Regular group activities (including contribution to rent, instructor, transport costs)
Fore more information and to apply, please visit http://www.cfmerseyside.org.uk/funds/the-community-foundation-for-merseyside-wellbeing-fund