Registered charities that want to run summer play schemes for children between the ages of 5 and 16 can apply for grants of between £500 and £1,000.
The funding is made available by the Woodward Charitable Trust which supports about 35 playschemes each year that run for a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays. Preference is given to:
- Small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- Schemes that involve a large number of children
- Schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- Schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and races
- Schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers.
- Grants can only be paid to registered charities. Organisations that are not a registered charity can still apply but need the agreement of a registered charity to accept the grant on their behalf.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the Summer Playschemes is the 15th April 2018.