Retain the Game is a new scheme funded by The FA and delivered by the Football Foundation that offers existing grassroots football clubs grants to help them to continue offering valued playing opportunities in organised football. These grants will support clubs’ adult male teams in three age categories: Under-17 to Under-21: Open Age: Veterans.
Grants of £750 will be paid over two years with the second years funding dependent on retention rates in year one. Grants can cover some of the core costs incurred by grassroots clubs, including matchday and training facility hire, First Aid training. A £100 voucher to purchase new Nike kit and equipment via a voucher (to be redeemed via the Football Foundations bespoke portal) is included.
Grassroots clubs that meet the following criteria will be eligible to apply:
- Adult clubs with two or more adult male teams that hold the FA’s Adult Charter Standard award, Charter Standard Development or Charter Standard Community Club award.
- Adult clubs with two or more adult male teams who commit to become Adult Charter Standard within the 2018/19 season.
- Should the fund be oversubscribed, priority will be given to clubs that:
- Have been in existence for ten or more seasons
- Have been in existence for between five and nine seasons
- Have three or more adult male teams
- Operate in leagues employing The FA’s ‘Full Time’ system.
The application window for Retain the Game is now open and closes on Wednesday 30th May 2018.
Further information on the programme can be obtained from local County FA