The Austin and Hope Pilkington Trust which awards grants to registered charities in the United Kingdom has announced that the next funding round will open for applications on the 1st July 2018. Grants of £1,000 are available to registered charities for community projects. Priority given to projects working with:
- The elderly that focus on homelessness
- Domestic abuse, prisoners/offenders
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Activities for those with limited access or opportunities.
To be eligible to apply, the charity must have a maximum operating income and operating expenditure of 1000,000 per year.
Previous projects supported include:
- A grant of £1,000 to “Women make a Difference” towards programme for refugees and asylum seekers
- A grant of £1,000 to the “Northern Ballet” towards a wheelchair dance project.
This round opens on the 1st July and closes on the 31st July 2018.