The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust, which supports charities in the UK working in agriculture and rural development has announced that the next closing date for applications is the 26th October 2018.
Grants of between £1,000 and £50,000 are available.
The Trust will focus on providing funding to larger initiatives, which would have a significant impact on the rural community.
The aims of the Trust are:
• To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to agriculture
• To advance the education of young people within rural areas
• To relieve poverty within rural areas
• To promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations to advance education and leisure
• To promote research into agricultural associated activities
• To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to insurance Projects supported in the past include:
Farms for City Children, which aims to expand the horizons of children from towns and cities by offering them a week in the countryside living together in one of their farms.
The Royal Highland Education Trust which aims to create an opportunity for each child in Scotland to experience the countryside and to facilitate a wider understanding of the environmental, economic and social realities of rural Scotland.
The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust also provides small grants of up to £250 through the NFU Mutual’s Community Giving Fund which supports worthwhile community events, charities, schools and community group activities that are local to their operations. Useful Links:
Application Form Frequently Asked Questions https://www.nfumutual.co.uk/about-us/charitable-trust/