Hundreds of volunteers are needed to help create Liverpool’s Giant Spectacular when it returns to the city in October.
The team behind Liverpool’s Dream – the UK’s biggest free street theatre event of 2018 – are looking for around 250 people to take on a range of roles.
Anyone volunteering needs to ensure they are available across the four event days, and some roles will require commitment of several days in the weeks running up to the event for auditions and rehearsals.
There are also Lilliputian positions available, which are paid due to the amount of rehearsal time required and the commitment during the duration of the show.
The volunteer roles
- Benevol Stewards – becoming part of the human cordon which travels with each Giant. Anyone considering applying needs to be physically fit, be able to walk long distances, have a good level of stamina and be comfortable in large crowds.
- Runners/Production Assistants – flexibility is key for the role which provides vital help for the team during rehearsals and preparation for the show.
- Production Drivers – people with full driving licenses are required to drive a variety of different vehicles to assist in rehearsals and the show itself.
- Translators – fluent French speakers are required to translate for the technical team.
- Physiotherapists/Sports Masseurs – Qualified physiotherapists/sport masseurs, student physiotherapists/sports masseurs are required to work with the team. They will be needed across the event days.
- Media Assistants – the local, national and international spotlight will be on Liverpool and a number of people are required to assist and manage members of the media throughout the duration of the show.
- Event Ambassadors – it’s essential to extend that renowned warm Liverpool welcome to the hundreds and thousands of people descending on the region for the event. Good, friendly communicators are needed to be on hand to answer any questions or queries from members of the public.
- Lilliputians – prepare to take centre stage as this role requires you to operate the Giants along the streets. Unsurprisingly this is a physically challenging role so fitness and stamina are essential as well as being a team player.
Full role descriptions and the application details can be found at www.giantspectacular.com. The deadline for submissions is 5pm Tuesday, July 31.