Get running in just nine weeks with Couch to 5K!
Surprise yourself – just because you don’t doesn’t mean you can’t.
The Couch to 5k smartphone app is back.
BBC Get Inspired and Public Health England’s One You campaign will get you off the couch and running in just nine weeks.
This challenge builds in time and effort, so you’ll constantly be impressed with what you can do.
Meet Laura, a new mum who is looking to get back into running. She will guide you through the nine weeks with tips, hints and motivational words.
Laura joins four celebrity trainers – comedian Sarah Millican, Radio DJ Jo Whiley, 13-time Olympic and World Championship gold medallist Michael Johnson and comedian and actor Sanjeev Kohli.
The One You Couch to 5K app features:
• Tried and tested programme known the world over
• Displays a countdown timer so you can see how long you’ve got left of each run
• Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically ‘dipping’ volumes when your trainer speaks
• Signals a half-time bell, so you know when to head home!
• Lets you track your progress and awards progress as you move through the programme
• Lets you rate how you feel before and after each session
• Gives tips and advice for new runners, as well real life success stories
• Connects you with likeminded people through the Couch to 5k HealthUnlocked community forums