This education discount is geared towards university students and teachers and what’s more, until Tueday 2nd October 2018, you can grab an extra bonus to make the deal even better – ‘free’ Beats headphones or earphones that would normally cost £90-£250, when you buy certain products via the Apple for Education website or at an Apple Store.
Who’s eligible and how do you get the discount?
1. Students attending (or have been accepted into) university, go to the Apple for Education* website. You’ll be asked to sign up (or log in) to discount scheme Unidays using your uni email address for verification. The education discounts will then be automatically applied.
If you’re unable to sign up to Unidays or you don’t want to give it your data, you can call Apple on 0800 048 0408 and it’ll verify you with your ID or acceptance letter and you can continue your purchase over the phone. Alternatively, take the verification documents to an Apple Store (find your nearest*).
2. Teachers and education workers at any state or private education institute (even if you work in the office and not the classroom), visit an Apple Store and show proof of where you work such as a payslip or call 0800 048 0408.
3. Parents of students, visit an Apple Store and show your child’s student ID or acceptance letter.
Which Apple products can you get?
You can get up to 10% off Mac products and up to 5% off iPads. There isn’t a discount on iPhones and they aren’t eligible for the Beats offer.
Are they cheaper elsewhere?
It’s defintely worth checking out the following sites to see if the product you are after might be cheaper, though of course you wont get the headphones but maybe you’re not that bothered about them.
Free Beats headphones/earphones when buying a Mac or iPad Pro
If you buy certain products through the Apple for Education scheme until Tuesday 2nd October, in addition to the discount, you can get free Beats wireless headphones or earphones:
- Buying a MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac or iMac Pro? Get Beats Solo3 wireless headphones (normally £249.95 via Apple), Powerbeats3 wireless earphones (normally £169.95 via Apple), or BeatsX earphones (normally £129.95 via Apple).
- Buying an iPad Pro? Get Powerbeats3 wireless earphones, or BeatsX earphones. If you want the Beats Solo3 instead, you can, but you’ll have to pay the difference in cost.
You can only get this offer with the products above (so not the iPad Air or iPad Mini, for example).
Once you’ve selected an eligible Apple product, choose your Beats (or opt to not receive Beats at all) and this will be added to your ‘bag’. If you don’t actually want the Beats, you could sell it to make a bigger saving.