From Monday 4 March, St Helens Libraries Service will be launching a month-long membership campaign to encourage residents to sign up to the library service.
It is now easier than ever to become a member of your local library. Complete a membership form and show one form of identification that contains your name and address and you will be given one of the newly designed library cards that will help you discover, explore and imagine the world of reading, culture, wellbeing and creativity.
There are so many things you can do with your library card including:
- Borrowing books, eBooks and eAudio
- Browsing online magazines and comics (including Marvel comics)
- 24 hour access to your library account using the library app
- WiFi in all St Helens Libraries
- Using library computers
- Search trusted information resources
- Book and view local archives
- Research your family tree using Ancestry.com and Findmypast.com
- Purchase discounted tickets for Cultural Hubs event
Customers who register with St Helens Library Service during March will also be entered into a draw to win a fantastic prize of books and other goodies.
Library staff will be available in Church Square on Tuesday 19 March from 10am -3pm to provide information about your local library and enable you to sign up instantly. Why not pop along and find out all about the service.
St Helens Council’s Cabinet Member for Community Based and Focused Services, Councillor Anthony Burns, said: “St Helens libraries are vibrant spaces with a fantastic selection of books and a wide programme of events for all ages. Looking at the list of features your library membership brings, there is so much you can benefit from. Sign up today!”
For more information www.sthelens.gov.uk/libraries