Students from Rainford Sixth Form collected their A-Level results this morning.
Things were a little different this year as the sixth form opened its doors at 8am. Students adhered to social distancing measures and were given the envelopes, which contained their results, one at a time.
It has been another strong year for Rainford High’s dedicated post 16 provision:
- 30% of students receiving grades of A* and A
- 52% of students received grades of A*- B
- 100% of students received grades of A*- E
22% of students have received offers from Russell Group Universities, with some students taking up opportunities of higher level apprenticeships.
Some of the stand out performers were:
- Zach Cunningham achieved 3A* and A at A-level. He will go and study engineering at the University of Sheffield
- Sarah Fenney secured 3A* at A-level and will go on to read medicine at the University of Sheffield
- Imogen Calderbank achieved Distinction*, 2 A* and A at A-level and a Level 3. Imogen will take on a degree apprenticeship in digital technology solutions at Barclay’s Bank
- Chris Prescott secured 2A* and 2 A’s at A-level. He will now study biochemistry at the University of Oxford
Director of Sixth Form, Grant Fletcher said: “This year has been like no other and I know that everyone in the education sector has had mixed emotions in the lead up to today.
“Over the years our students have worked incredibly hard, both in school and in sixth form, and although they have been unable to sit their exams as planned, they should be proud of what they have achieved to date.
Grant added: “Our sixth form team has been on hand throughout the day to answer any questions our students may have to ensure they are still able to follow their desired route, despite these difficult circumstances.
“We wish them the very best of luck in all that they do.”